Thanks for listening :)
Feedback and comments welcome!
Below is a non-exhaustive list of things that i use to create music.
My computer band :)
- Ableton Live - Digging step recording mode and session view.
- FL Studio 11 - Because i can't say FruityLoops 3.56 anymore.
Kontakt 5 (player):
- Drumlab - A mixture of acoustic & electronic drums.
- Session Horns - Horns quartet with many articulations.
- Scarbee Rickenbacker Bass - Bass guitar.
- Massive - One word: Versatile! My go to synth.
- FM8 - Crystal clear sound, great arpeggiator, can be used as an effect.
- Phoscyon - For an acid touch, i use this emulation of the popular silver box.
- Medusa 2 - A cute synth aimed toward chiptune, very fun to use.
- Charlatan - Probably my favourite free synth. Very simple, very powerful, great for beginners.
- eFemme - Great for warm "vintage" pads.
- NI Driver - Distortion filter with many modulation possibilities.
- NI Supercharger - Compressor, pretty useful on drums, or bass.
- NI Replika - My go-to delay unit, can be used as a reverb as well.
- iZotope DDLY - When i need an experimental delay :)
- TDR Kotelnikov - Compressor with M/S mode.
- TDR SlickEQ - Equalizer with M/S mode.
- TDR Nova - Based on Nova-67P, it is an EQ/Compressor, and does a bit of everything.
- BitterSweet V3 - Transient Shaping tool.
- Voxengo SPAN - Frequency Analyzer.
- A1 TriggerGate - Advanced trancegate with env follower, delay and filters, and it's free!
- A1 Stereo Control - Keeps your bass mono and your pads wide!
- TAL Plugins - Various effects. You can't go wrong with those.
- HY Plugins - Read above ;)
- Limiter n6 - Multistage limiter, the final line of defense against the evil Inter Sample Peaks ^^
- Sennheiser HD 25-1 II
- Bose speakers - Because i need to check my mix in mono, sometimes!
- Akai LPD8 - Launchpad/Knob twiddling duties^^
- M-Audio Keystation Mini32
- A computer, a keyboard and a mouse ;)
D16 EVERYTHING ^^
Zebra 3 :D
Reaktor 6, monophonic blocks are simple and sound really nice.
Go back to music stores in Shibuya, and Ochanomizu and buy some gems.
(If you ever visit tokyo, i recommend going there, they let you test everything!)